Category Archives: terrorism

Neutralizing Attorney Holder’s Fake Terror Threats

Attorney General’s Blunt Warning on Terror Attacks

“the threat is real” – the threat is fake

“the threat is different” – the (fake) threat went from foreign terrorists to americans being terrorists. thus the airport scanners, walmart snitch programs, etc.

“the threat is constant” – the threat from the powers that be is constant, and devised to keep the fear level high to give them carte blanche to do as they please.

“the new rapidly evolving threat posed by ‘homegrown radicals’… american citizens – raised here, born here…”

who do they consider ‘homegrown radicals’? what rapidly evolving threat do they pose? and to whom?

homegrown radicals pose a threat to the agenda. Zbigniew Brzezinski fears the ‘massive global political awakening’:

Brzezinski said: “For the first time in history almost all of humanity is politically activated, politically conscious and politically interactive.”

“Authorities suspect Awlaki helped mastermind last year’s Christmas Day underwear bombing plot in Detroit, and a recent scheme to blow up cargo planes travelling from Yemen to Europe and the United States.”

The underwear bomber Abdulmutallab was able to board only with the help of an unidentified well dressed man seen at the boarding gate:

The United Arab Emirates’ Civil Aviation Authority has rejected claims that a US-bound Emirates’ flight from Dubai contained “suspicious” parcels from Yemen

“He’s an extremely dangerous man. He has shown a desire to harm the United States, a desire to strike the homeland of the United States,” Holder said.”

Awlaki is so dangerous that he dined with military brass after 911:

“Holder said that as a threat to the United States, Awlaki ranks right up there with Osama bin Laden.”

Cheney says neither Saddam nor bin Laden involved in 9.11

“Awlaki is believed to be in Yemen, but thanks to the Internet, his reach is global…”

“The ability to go into your basement, turn on your computer, find a site that has this kind of hatred spewed … they have an ability to take somebody who is perhaps just interested, perhaps just on the edge, and take them over to the other side,” he said.”

This is how the FCC got the Net Neutrality Passed, which just happened today:

“Turning to how terror suspects are tried, Holder said he still believes the “decision as to how people get prosecuted, where they get prosecuted, is an executive branch function. Even if those suspects are being held now at Guantanamo Bay. Holder said Congress should not be interfering with that.”

An Ex-Bush Official reported that many Guantanamo Bay prisoners are innocent

“What Wikileaks did, at the end of the day, was harmful to American security, put American agents and properties … at risk … and I think for arrogant and misguided reasons,” he said.”

Wikileaks:
“CHICKENFEED”
Wikileaks: a Big Dangerous US Government Con Job

Video Games: Simulating War For Real

‘Call of Duty: Black Ops’

Another despicable US crime in Iraq banned on tape

Does game violence make teens aggressive?

‘The Notion that we are in Afghanistan to Make our Country Safer is Bullshit’

Rethink Afghanistan

Afghanistan + More Troops = Catastrophe

Here’s Why Obama Is “Gravely Concerned” About Pakistan

Rethink Afghanistan (Part 3): Cost of War

Rethink Afghanistan (Part 4): Civilian Casualties

Rethink Afghanistan (Part 5): Women of Afghanistan

Rethink Afghanistan: (Part 6) Security

Soldiers Speak Out While Obama Escalates War on Afghanistan

Veterans to Congress: Rethink Afghanistan Now

Military Escalation: Obama okays $130 b for Afghanistan, Iraq wars

President Barack Obama Wednesday signed the fiscal 2010 National Defence Authorization Act during a ceremony at the White House.

Obama hailed the act, which contains $680.2 billion in military budget authority, as transformational legislation that targets wasteful defence spending.

The authorization act contains $130 billion to fund overseas contingency operations in Iraq and Afghanistan and it also provides $6.7 billion for thousands of all-terrain, mine-resistant, ambush-protected vehicles now arriving in Afghanistan.

The president was accompanied by Vice President Joe Biden, congressional leaders and other senior officials, including Defence Secretary Robert M. Gates and Navy Adm. Mike Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

“There’s still more waste we need to cut; there’s still more fights that we need to win,” Obama said, noting he and Gates will continue to seek out unnecessary defence spending.

Obama said he has ended unnecessary no-bid defence contracts and signed bipartisan legislation to reform defence procurement practices so weapons systems’ costs do not spin out of control. “Even as we have made critical investments in equipment and weapons our troops do need, we’re eliminating tens of billions of dollars in waste we don’t need,” Obama said.
….
“As commander in chief, I will always do whatever it takes to keep the American people safe to defend this nation,” Obama said. “That’s why this bill provides for the best military in the history of the world.”
….
Money also is budgeted to fund programs that address “real and growing threats,” Obama said. Such systems, he said, include the F-35 Lightning II joint strike fighter, the littoral combat ship, and more helicopters and reconnaissance support for deployed U.S. forces.

Obama praised Gates and Mullen for their hard work in developing the 2010 defence budget. “I want to thank, publicly, Bob Gates for his service to our nation,” he said, and he added that Mullen has “provided wise counsel and stood with us in our efforts to initiate reform.”

Peace Prize President to Send 45000 More Troops to Afghanistan

Obama: Afghanistan Decision in ‘Coming Weeks’

United States to send ‘up to 45,000 more troops to Afghanistan’

President Barack Obama’s administration is understood to have told the British government that it could announce, as early as next week, the substantial increase to its 65,000 troops already serving there.

The decision from Mr Obama comes after he considered a request from General Stanley McChrystal, the US commander in Afghanistan, to send tens of thousands of extra American troops to the country.

Air Chief Marshal Sir Jock Stirrup, the Chief of the Defence Staff, said: “I don’t want to put words in the mouths of the Americans but I am fairly confident of the way it is going to come out.”

An announcement next week could coincide with a meeting of NATO defence ministers in Bratislava, Slovakia, due next Thursday and Friday.

White House press secretary Robert Gibbs dismissed the claims, after President Obama met with his war council for the fifth time to map out a new strategy in Afghanistan.

“I would not put any weight behind the fact that a decision has been made, when the President has yet to make a decision,” he told reporters in Washington.

“I’ve seen the report. It’s not true, either generally or specifically. The president has not made a decision.”

But Ministry of Defence sources indicated that the British Government had been told to expect a substantial increase in the number of of American troops.

Earlier Gordon Brown announced the British force in Afghanistan would increase to 9,500 but was told by former defence secretary John Hutton that he should have sent more troops to Afghanistan six months ago. Full Story

GI Resistance Increasing Against Unconstitutional Wars

US Soldiers Find Themselves Being Terrorists in Afghanistan

As the US continues to step up war efforts in Afghanistan, the number of American soldiers refusing deployment to war zones is also increasing. Author and Independent Journalist Dahr Jamail tells RT that U.S. soldiers in combat zones find themselves being terrorist.

Blackwater Crimes Against Iraqi Civilians

Lawsuit now accuses Xe contractors of murder, kidnapping
blackwater_070919_mn1

A just-amended lawsuit alleges six additional instances of unprovoked attacks on Iraqi civilians by Blackwater contractors.

Three people, including a 9-year-old boy, are said to have died.

Also added to the suit is a racketeering count accusing Blackwater founder Erik Prince of running an ongoing criminal enterprise involved in, among other things, kidnapping and child prostitution.

The latest charges, filed this week in U.S. District Court in Alexandria, bring to more than 60 the number of Iraqis allegedly killed or wounded since 2005 by armed Blackwater contractors guarding U.S. diplomatic personnel in Iraq.

The Moyock, N.C.-based security company, since renamed Xe, earned more than $1 billion under that contract before the State Department, under pressure from the Iraqi government, let it lapse in May.

One of the new plaintiffs is the estate of Akram Khalid Sa’ed Jasim, 9, who died when Blackwater shooters allegedly opened fire on a minivan returning from the Baghdad airport on July 1, 2007. The boy was traveling with his extended family, who had gone to the airport to apply for passports.

The Blackwater guards also shot the boy’s mother in the back as she bent over trying to shield her 3-month-old daughter, who nevertheless was shot in the face, according to the lawsuit. The boy’s father, uncle and cousin also were wounded.

The racketeering count added to the suit this week accuses Prince’s companies of engaging in murder, weapons smuggling, money laundering, tax evasion, kidnapping, child prostitution, illegal drug use and destruction of evidence.

The companies are accused of carrying out three or more kidnappings using three airplanes, identified in the suit by their tail numbers. Susan Burke, the plaintiffs’ lawyer, said Wednesday that the kidnappings appear to have been so-called “extraordinary renditions” in which suspects are taken to other countries for interrogation.

Full Story

* * *

Blackwater: Shadow Army